? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Cowboy Room











I have been working on my son a "big boy room" for a while. We had a frog theme for his nursery and I loved it. Then we sold our house and moved in with my Parents while we were going to build our house. Well things happen and My husband and I got divorced. B and I ended up staying here with my parents because they have more than enough room and it's just a whole lot more convenient. Anyway the room my son had was my brothers room. My brother is in the Navy and lives in San Diego. Anyway for B's room we had just really stuck his furniture and toys in and left it. I finally decided that we were going to be here for a while and I should go ahead and make him a fun room.

A couple of years ago we went on a ski trip to Jackson Hole, WY and the town inspired me. It's a real cowboy town. they had the cutest cowboy stuff everywhere. When we got home I talked to my bff Trish and told her about it. She said that she had just bought some cowboy wallpaper at a Waverly outlet store that was going out of business. She had bought a lot of it and that i could have some. It's too busy to do all the walls so I only did one wall and painted the rest. This is his bed I used a solid navy colored quilt with matching shams. The Cowboy sheets I found recently at Target and then I made the bandanna pillows myself. I just got the horse pillow and I love it. It's like a hooked rug with velvet on the back. This is the only wall with the wallpaper. I took this photo on Saturday morning and the beautiful sun was shinning bright so I had to close the blinds. This is his night stand. I just love the cowboy lamp. I saw it on that show new adventures of old Christine, her little boy had it in his room. Well i got on eBay and found one for very cheap, I was shocked. He also just had to get an alarm clock the old kind with the LOUD bells. He is 3 1/2 where is he going????



This is the book shelf i just got. I thought about painting it because it's kind of rough and the finish is coming off but I like it just the way it is kind of rustic for that cowboy look. The lamp I got at one of the "dollar" store here in town and the painting i found at the thrift store. The Indian chief was painted by my brother when we were kids it's probably about 30 years old along with the bedroom furniture it's his too.



This is at the end of the room opposite of the bed. This is a dormer window. I decided to make it into a little reading nook/club house. He really likes having this space and closing the curtains.

This is his dresser. He loves lanterns right now and has a good start on a collection. Notice the Indian and the lamp i just moved them around as I took the photos LOL.

Last but not least is his bathroom. I really didn't do much in here. I found the rug at one of the "dollar" stores here I thought it would be perfect for the cowboy look. Also the towel ring I found at Hobby Lobby. I think I paid 1.49 for it. I'm still looking for some curtains. The bamboo blinds that are up really are crappy and they really don't give a lot of privacy but they work for now and I think they match the room. So hope you have enjoyed the tour of my son's cowboy room.
Emily~

0 comments: